The increasing number of positive cases of COVID-19 in Indonesia underlies the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Joko Widodo, to adopt the policy of implementing an Emergency Community Activity Restriction (PPKM). This policy will be implemented from 3 July 2021 to 20 July for the islands of Java and Bali. In a press statement submitted via the BPMI Setpres Youtube channel.
"This situation requires us to take more decisive steps so that we can together stem the spread of Covid-19. After getting a lot of input from the ministers, health experts as well as regional heads, I decided to implement an emergency PPKM from July 3 to July 20, 2021, specifically in Java and Bali," explained Jokowi.
With the implementation of the Java-Bali Emergency PPKM policy, the PPKGBK Management took several policies during the period from 3-20 July 2021, including:
1. Operational hours of opening and closing the gates of the GBK area (door 5-across from FX Sudirman) and gate 10 (across from TVRI) starting at 05.00 WIB to 20.00 WIB. Body temperature checks are also applied at the entrance to the GBK area.
2. The area in GBK is closed for all activities, except for vaccination and supporting activities.
3. Activities for National Training Centers and Regional Training Centers that have received written approval from the COVID-19 Handling Task Force can carry out training activities by implementing strict health protocols, using personal equipment, and must show non-reactive/negative results.
4. Friday prayers at Al Bina Mosque will be cancelled.
5. Retail is open until 20.00 WIB and only serves take away.
6. Visitors who are less than 12 years old are prohibited from entering the GBK area. All visitors must comply with and carry out the applicable health protocols. If there is a crowd, then the PPKGBK will immediately take firm action.
PPKGBK Management will conduct periodic evaluations regarding the implementation of policies during the implementation of Emergency PPKM on 20 July 2021. In addition, GBK Management has also made several appeals related to Health Protocols published through various media, both printed and electronic. It is hoped that the policies taken by GBK Management can be understood by all levels of society. In addition, public participation and awareness in implementing healthy living behaviors and health protocols is very influential in efforts to break the chain of spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay safe & stay healthy #GBKPeople.